I love reading. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I love having my nose stuck in a book (or my Kindle Fire). One of the more recent books I have read is called The Selection by Kiera Cass. I had seen this book a few times in my recommendations over the past few years, but had never bought it because I knew that it was going to be a series and I LOVE binge reading the whole series at once – I am impatient and hate waiting months for the newest book to come out. So when I was asked if I had read it a couple of months ago, I realized that the first three books of the series were out and I decided to read them. I am so glad I did. The Selection Series is SO GOOD! The beginning of the first book pulled me in and by the time I finished it (at 1:30 in the morning) I was on my kindle buying the next one and staying up the rest of the night reading it. It is THAT good.
I don’t really like spoilers – so you will have to look elsewhere for those – but I do want you to realize that this is a great series and worth reading.
To make this fun and easier to read, I wanted to share my top 10 reasons why you should read The Selection Series:
10. The whole The Selection series is available to read (making it easy to binge read the series and fall in love with America and Maxon like I did)
9. You can buy the book in print or digital versions
8. It is creative and a very different story line than most other “love story” books
7. You develop a good sense of the characters and the descriptions are good
6. Each book in the series is around 330 pages, so you can read them in about 1 day each
5. You are entertained and left wanting for more – she Kiera Cass does a great job of capturing her readers attention
4. You are kept guessing until the last minute because of crazy twists and turns to the plot
3. While this is a “romance” there is a lot of humor, action (not the romance kind) and a little bit of seriousness to the book (he is a Prince after all). This makes is nice because I like to read with my oldest daughter and this is a great series of books that we can read together without me having to worry about content being worrisome.
2. It shows that no matter where you come from, you make your own destiny. Such a great message for my daughter and the younger generation. And at the same time it is not all butterflies and rainbows. You have to work for what you want and make good choices.
1. The Selection series is one of the best series I have read (and I have read a LOT of book series). Compared to Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, etc – The Selection is light-hearted and fun without being overly intense.
Overall I am really impressed with the series and I am looking forward to reading The Heir that comes out on May 5! Have you read any of these books? (The Selection, The Elite, The One, and The Heir) I would love to know what you think.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.