For months my kids watched the preview to The Secret Life of Pets movie and couldn’t wait to see it. We have two pets of our own – a dog and a cat – so it made it even funnier. We planned a night and went to watch it in theaters, but once is not enough. This is one of the funniest movies we have seen this year and my kids LOVE it! We were able to get a special pre-release copy of the movie with a fun activity set, hat and more and they have played with them frequently while watching the movie over and over.
In this family comedy, Max and Duke get lost in the city and their friends, including the funny fat cat Chloe and the hyper cute fuzzy little Pomeranian dog Gidget take on a life-changing journey to save them. The voice acting is amazing – so many funny things in this film that you have to watch a few times to catch them all. (Like the SING poster on the back of the bus on the bridge!). The animation is top of the line as well with great special effects and fun scenes for all ages. It can be a little emotion in a couple of parts, and a couple of the scenes are a little intense but overall a great film that we love!
This holiday season, the answer to the question “Ever wonder what your pets do when you’re not home?” is answered when The Secret Life of Pets comes to Digital HD November 22, 2016 and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand December 6, 2016 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The humans behind the Despicable Me franchise present America’s top-grossing original film of the year, the animated comedy is a worldwide hit with over $834 million in global ticket sales. The Secret Life of Pets is “non-stop action and laughs,” says Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. The 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD versions feature nearly an hour of bonus content, including three hilarious mini-movies: the all-new Norman Television and Weenie PLUS Mower Minions which debuted in theaters and is now available to own.
In their fifth fully animated feature-film collaboration, Illumination Entertainment and Universal Pictures present The Secret Life of Pets, a comedy about the lives our pets lead when we leave for work or school. Max, voiced by Louis C.K., is a loyal terrier living a perfectly happy existence until his owner, Katie (Ellie Kemper) brings home Duke (Eric Stonestreet) a big, boisterous mutt she finds at the shelter. When Max and his unruly new “roommate” slip away from their dog-walker, they find themselves lost in the urban jungle of New York City. In an attempt to stay ahead of animal control and a rebel band of abandoned pets led by an unhinged bunny named Snowball (Kevin Hart), they put aside their differences to survive the epic journey back home.
With an all-star voice cast including Louis C.K. (TV’s Louie), Eric Stonestreet (TV’s Modern Family), Kevin Hart (Ride Along Series), Jenny Slate (Zootopia), Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Lake Bell (TV’s Children’s Hospital), Dana Carvey (Wayne’s World), Hannibal Buress (Neighbors series), Bobby Moynihan (TV’s “Saturday Night Live”), Steve Coogan (Minions) and Albert Brooks (Finding Dory). The film is directed by Chris Renaud (Despicable Me franchise, Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax) and co-directed by Yarrow Cheney (Despicable Me franchise).
BLU-RAY™ AND DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Norman Television
- Mower Minions
- All About The Pets – Kevin Hart and Eric Stonestreet, with the help of animal trainer Molly Mignon O’Neill take you on an educational journey to learn more about your average and not-so average, household pets.
- Animals Can Talk: Meet The Actors – The comedy superstars who give voice to the film’s menagerie of characters talk about their roles and the process of bringing them to life.
- Hairstylist To The Dogs – Inspired by “Hairspray Live!,” Eric Stonestreet, with the help of a professional dog groomer Jess Rona, will take you through the basic steps to help your pups look as awesome as possible when they’re hanging out with their pet pals.
- The Best Of Snowball – A rapid-fire, fun and oddly musical mash-up of all the best Snowball one-liners
- Hot Dog Sing-Along – Join Max and Duke as they perform for their dinner in the sausage factory. This straightforward sing along is fun for the whole family to enjoy.
- Sing Trailer
- “Lovely Day” Lyric Video
- The Humans that Brought You Pets – Producers Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy, directors Chris Renaud and Yarrow Cheney, and writer Brian Lynch discuss what went into creating The Secret Life of Pet’s compelling characters and non-stop action.
- GoPro®: The Secret Life of Pets
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – A fun and interesting take on the Making of the Mini-Movies – we’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.