This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseNexium24HR #CollectiveBias
I love traveling. I think, since I grew up in a small town, that I have loved it all my life since we had to travel to get – well – anywhere. Everything from big vacations where we would be gone for multiple days to overnight and day trips. It doesn’t matter what kind of vacation or trip you are taking, there are ways to simplify them so that you can worry less and enjoy more. My husband and I recently took an amazing trip to the Caribbean and we stayed at a resort where it was all-inclusive (which means you can eat and drink as much as you want and there is no extra fees…).
It was so great, and we really enjoyed hopping around from place to place eating to our hearts content. A appetizer here – a dessert there – no problem. For me, it really wasn’t a problem because I made sure to go prepared with one thing – Nexium. I just take one pill a day and it treats frequent heartburn and lets me enjoy living the life I want to live.
Even though I have travels (and flown) a lot, I felt like I still learned a few things on this trip. It was our first “beach/ocean” trip and it was also our first International trip. I want to share with you 5 ways to simplify your vacations and share with you tips and tricks that I have learned over the years. I would also love your input on what ways you simplify your vacations.
- Pack Light – I have learned this the hard way. I always want to take more that I will need (especially with clothes) because I feel like I will want choices. It is good to pack a specific number of outfits (1 per day) and then add a few things like a wrap or sweater that can go with any of the outfits. This will really cut down on what you take. Also be sure to pack light on the shoes. Wear a pair and take an extra. Get travel containers for your toiletries and meds. For the girls – take a small bag you can carry with a long strap to put medications, personals, and other things in without worrying about losing them. This can be stored in a bigger carry-on if flying.
- Stock up on snacks – I am not talking about walking out with bags of treats – but buy a few things like a travel size trail mix, a candy bar, dried fruit, nuts, etc to keep in your carry on (if you are flying) or in your car or purse to snack on and it will make it so you don’t have to stop as often and you don’t have to pay expensive prices at the airport.
- Bring a water bottle – If you are driving – fill it up before you leave and stay hydrated. If you are flying – make sure it is empty and then after you get through security you can fill up your water bottle with good filtered water. It also saves you time and money of not having to stop somewhere to buy a drink – especially on long trips.
- Use your phone camera – Unless you really need a big DSLR camera or a point and shoot – most newer smart phones have great cameras and will work for most shots. Want video? Get a portable waterproof camera to use on the go so you don’t have a lot of bulky expensive equipment to worry about carrying around.
- Get a portable batter charger – one thing that drives me crazy is having to stop to recharge my phone. I have invested in a few different portable battery chargers so that I don’t have to worry about stopping to charge your devices. You can get them for phones, tablets and even computers! They aren’t very expensive and will save you a ton of time when you are on the go!
These are just a few of the tips and tricks I want to share about ways to simplify your vacation. Make sure you sit down and make a list of everything you want to take, and then go through it a few more times and refine it to get it down to what you NEED to take. This can be tricky, but you will get the hang of it and your vacations will be better and go smoother when you simplify and have fun!
Stop by Walgreens and get some of the necessities (don’t forget Nexium) so you can relax and have a better (simpler) vacation. Just one Purple Pill gives you all day and night protection.