Vegetable and Chicken Fajita Recipe
Today I was craving Chicken Fajita’s. So it’s no surprise that is what we had for dinner! 🙂 I usually use a seasoning packet from the store, but with four kids and a major snow storm I decided to make my own Vegetable and Chicken Fajita Recipe. I think my “creation” turned out pretty good!
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large red pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 2 cups of cheese
- 1 package of flour tortillas
- sour cream
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and cook them in 2 tbsp of oil
- While the chicken is cooking seed and slice your red and green peppers and your onion. Add these as they are cut.
- Dice the garlic and tomato and add to mixture.
- Once all vegetables are added, pour the salsa over the top and mix it in.
- Then sprinkle the brown sugar, cumin, pepper, and salt on top. Let simmer for a few minutes and then mix together well.
This is great served with cooked rice and black beans! YUM!