My kids love helping me make fun holiday themed treats and these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts were no exception. They only took about 30 minutes from start to finish and they were a lot of fun to make and eat. We used toothpicks to paint the faced on, and the kids loved this! You can also buy candy eyes or use mini chocolate chips. We bought a few fun accessories for the kids to “decorate” their ghosts like mini pumpkins and mini brooms. You can also use chopped cookie crumbs to put on the bottom of the ghosts.
What a yummy treat to have on your snack table! These Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts are easy to make and your kids will love to make them and eat them. There are so many ways to decorate them, or change them up for a more seasonal snack. You can make them into snowmen, hearts, etc. Simple to make and they will be fun for your kids to help with!
Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts
- Fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate frosting
- Chocolate Chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with a parchment or wax paper.
- In a double-boiler (with a heat safe dish over a pan of boiling water) or in a microwave safe dish heat the chocolate until melted.
- Dip each strawberry in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined or parchment lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts’ tails.
- Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes, or you can use chocolate and white frosting to “paint” them on with a toothpick. You can also melt chocolate chips and use that to paint on the face.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.