This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Strogranoff is easy to make and taste sooooo yummy! The nice thing is that you can cook the chicken throughout the day, and then add the rest of the ingredients when you get home, and cook the noodles, and you have a great home-cooked meal ready to eat!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours
Ready in: 6 to 7 hours
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed (or whole frozen)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of noodles
- 1 cup of cheese (optional)
- Put margarine in the slow cooker then add the chicken then sprinkle with the dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or med/high for 4 hours.
- If you put the chicken breasts in frozen, you will want to check it after about 2 hours and shred or cut the chicken. It is very easy since it is so moist and tender.
- After several hours the butter/seasoning mix should have created a nice yummy seasoning to the chicken. Make sure you test the chicken to see if it is cooked (use a meat thermometer).
- Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.
- While the cream cheese/soup are heating, cook a package of noodles according to package directions. I like to use the wide egg noddles, but you can use any kind. Drain noodles.
- Serve stroganoff over cooked noodles and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
This is great with rolls, garlic bread, steamed veggies, corn on the cob, and green salad!
If you have tried this Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff we would love to hear what you thought!
View the rest of our recipes here.