Pizza Wraps Recipe
Today I was craving something “Pizza-e” for lunch and so I started collecting things out of my fridge that would work. We love Italian food, and always have ingredients on hand like pepperoni, spaghetti or marinara sauce, cheese, dough, etc. Since we were short on time I used two cans of Pillsbury biscuits, but it is just as good pizza dough crust. They are simple to put together and make a great appetizer or lunch time meal.
Here is what you will need to make these:
- Can of Biscuits (10 ct) or Pizza Dough
- Marinara (or Spaghetti Sauce) for dipping
*For homemade Pizza Dough:
3 cups of flour
1 tbsp (or 0.25 oz pkt) of active dry yeast
2 tbsp of vegetable or canola oil
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of white sugar
1-1 1/2 cups of warm water
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Pinch pieces of dough off and flatten into an oval. Continue as directed above.
To put them together:
- Take dough and flatten into an oval
- Place pepperoni (or any desired pizza toppings) and slice of cheese inside
- Roll dough together and pinch all edges to seal it off
- Place on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake at 450 degrees for 9-10 minutes
- Remove from cookie sheet and serve with marinara sauce on the side
These will quickly become a family favorite! Be sure to print out the recipe below and add it to your cookbook so you can make them often. This is also a great recipe for your kids to make (or help make) and a lot of fun for everyone to “build” their own pizza wraps.
Repin this Recipe so you can find it easily or print out the recipe above. Let us know how yours turn out and what you put inside of them.