This post is brought to you by Crunchmaster. All opinions are my own.
I recently shared 5 changes you can make now for a better life, and one of those changes is ‘start eating better’. I want to talk more about this because I feel like this is something that can be really challenging, especially if you are busy and always on-the-go like I am. Often, I would find myself grabbing for an unhealthy snack that was within reach, but with a little effort and planning ahead I have been able to change my snacking habits for a better me and for my kids. Since they tend to snack on what I snack on, this has been a good change for all of us.
Healthy snacks for on-the-go moms include:
- Cut up veggies (carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, etc) washed and ready to eat
- Celery & Peanut Butter (or almond butter, etc)
- Fresh Fruit (grapes, strawberries, apples, oranges, pineapple, mango, kiwi, banana, etc – wash and cut and ready to eat
- Crackers (Crunchmaster Crackers are perfect since they are certified gluten-free, kosher and contain no artificial colors or flavors)
- Fruit infused water (skip the soda and sugary drinks and have water with fresh fruit in it)
- Yogurt with granola
- String Cheese (this pairs great with the crackers)
- A handful of almonds
This is just the beginning. Next time you are at the store, be conscious of what you are getting. Instead of a package of cookies, grab a package of Crunchmaster Crackers. Instead of a bag of chips, get fresh fruit and veggies. Little choices like this will make you eat better because you will have eliminated it from your home. We are in the process of doing this and we all are benefitting from eating healthier. Being an on-the-go mom is hard because I often find myself grabbing something to eat or snack on as we leave the house to go somewhere (hiking, lake, sports games, music practice, school field trips, etc). By keeping these healthy snacks on hand, I am forced to make better choices. In the long run, these are the things I have been choosing on my own because they taste good and give me extra energy.
Crunchmaster Crackers are certified gluten-free, kosher and contain no artificial colors or flavors. Many are also non-GMO Project Verified, 100% Whole Grain, low in sugar and free of saturated and trans fats. Simple, wholesome ingredients include brown rice, quinoa, flax, corn, amaranth, millet, sunflower, chickpea, and edamame. The applewood smoked bbq is our new favorite flavor.