I love cooking! I love cooking even more when I have good high quality food to work with. Gorton’s is a brand that I have came to love simply because of the quality of the food. Then I was able to do a review for them and fell in love even more!
We were able to try the Shrimp Scampi (that had only 120 calories per serving) and it is Fabulous! The Grilled Salmon is even amazing! They are so easy to make, but they taste like you are eating at a fancy restaurant!
My kids also loved the Gorton’s Seafood that we tried. We could tell a huge difference between Gorton’s and the generic brand (which by the way was actually MORE expensive). The quality and taste were better than any other brand of Seafood we have bought before.
One recipe that we fell in love with was the Gorton’s Seafood Shrimp Primavera.
It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare – start to finish – and its fabulous! Here is the recipe we used (from the Gorton’s Recipe)
- 12 oz Gorton’s Shrimp Scampi
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 7 oz tomatoes, diced
- 4 oz linguine, prepared
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and sauté onions and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen Gorton’s Shrimp Scampi in a single layer to skillet and cook for 9 to 13 minutes, occasionally turning shrimp.
- Blend tomatoes with the shrimp scampi, add linguine and top with desired amount of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Every Friday they have a Gorton’s Seafood Challenge! Be sure to check it out and enter! You can find Gorton’s at:
Like what you are seeing so far? Be sure to enter to win your OWN GORTON’S SEAFOOD PRIZE PACK!!! (comes with 5 FREE product coupons, a Gorton’s Apron, 2 Gorton’s oven mitts, and 1 Gorton’s spatula)! This is an awesome giveaway.
Open to US only. Must be 18 or older to enter. All entries are verified. Giveaway will run from 4/8/13 – 4/16/13.
Disclaimer: I received products and coupons in exchange for this review. This did not influence my opinions in any way, and I only recommend products and/or services I believe are beneficial to my readers.