Using Self Checkout when using coupons
It is no secret that I like to do multiple transactions when the opportunity arises. This allows me to “roll” my catalinas as well as get more savings when there is a limit on how many coupons you can use in one transaction. I have learned over my years as a couponer, that I despise going to a cashier when I have multiple transactions. Not only does it make it harder to make sure you have your “groups” together for each transaction, but you also feel rushed and scrutinized by the people behind you and even sometimes the cashier. This is where using Self Checkout when using coupons comes in handy!
I have four kids, and occasionally (when I have a death wish) I will take them with me coupon shopping since my husband has to work and I need to go to the store. I have learned a few tips and tricks that help these rare occasions go smoother (that I will post at a later date). Once of those tips is to use
self checkout. It allows me to take my time, organize my transactions, and to assess each one after I checkout to make sure things rang up properly and that I got the catalinas I was supposed to, if any.
There are a few disadvantages of using self checkout, but they far outweigh the benefits in my opinion. Another great thing I have noticed about self checkout is that the cashier is usually more mellow and doesn’t look at me like I am steeling because I am using coupons. (lol…if you have used coupons much, you know what I mean).
- Take your time
- No one rushing you
- Allows you to organize your transactions and coupons
- Can check to make sure items rang up correctly and that all coupons were taken off before paying
- You kids can help you scan and bag items so they are “busy” helping instead of running off or breaking things! 🙂
- Lets you bag the items you want together
- Takes a little longer
- Might have to wait for the cashier to help you
- The bagging can be tricky (since it is based on weight) if you have too much for the area, or if someone bumps it (like your kids)
I would love to know what you think. Please leave your thoughts about using self checkout when using coupons?