If you are traveling this year, then you will want to look over this and see if you will be visiting any of the places we have posted about! Lots of insider information and recommendations that we personally love!
- · University of Incarnate Word is amazing; with thousands of beautiful and colorful lights lighting the trees through the University – it is definably a MUST SEE! We took the kids and they were all in awe!
- · The San Antonio River Walk – is another MUST SEE! San Antonio prides itself on the wonderful River Walk filled with many restaurants, bars, and events. Even better, during the holidays, they light the way with 1.4 MILLION lights! WOW!
- · Santa’s Ranch – Santa’s Ranch is a bit of a drive from San Antonio, but well worth it. It is a beautifully organized and put together drive through light show, featuring scenes children and adults of all ages love to see!
- · El Chaparrel – You can’t come to San Antonio without indulging on some wonderful Mexican food, which is why I recommend El Chaparrel! Not only will you be delighted by the yummy food, but the wonderful environment will make you smile.
- · The County Line – Another wonderful thing about San Antonio is the BBQ, YUMMY! One of the BEST places to get some mouthwatering platters is at The County Line! Not only are their beef, brisket, ribs, sausage, and chicken amazing, but their breads just melt in your mouth!
While you are there, enjoy a horse and carriage ride through Downtown (weekends only, please click on “Downtown” for the schedule). ~ If you are in other parts of town around Richmond, you may want to check out News Channel 12 for a listing of Holiday Homes. ~ Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden has a “Garden Fest” of lights nightly from 5-10pm.
Like most cities, Minneapolis has lots of fun things to do around the holidays. For my family, Christmas just isn’t Christmas without our annual Sunday morning stop at the downtown Macys to see the Christmas display at the 8th floor Auditorium. You and the kids can walk through “A Day in the Life of an Elf” and then hop over and sit on Santa’s lap before you travel up the elevators to the 12th floor for lunch! Admission is Free and the display runs during store hours through 12-30. For those in town a little earlier, the Holidazzle Parade through downtown Minneapolis is not to be missed. Admission is free; the parade runs every Thursday-Sunday through 12-18. My absolute favorite holiday tradition is seeing A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie Theater. A Christmas Carol runs daily through 12-30, check the website for availability and ticket prices. For the ladies (and girls!) who need a break from the hustle and bustle of shopping and decorating, Brit’s Pub has Holiday Tea ($24.95) on weekends through 12-18, complete with carolers on the 10th and 17th. Brit’s also has High Tea ($16.95/ $9.95 for kids) Monday-Saturday every week. Please give 24 hours advance notice for tea. ~ Erin writes at The Slacker Mom
If you are planning on visiting Utah this holiday season, then here is a Visitor’s Guide to help you make the most of your trip! There are tons of great and fun activities for you to do while you are here! One of the most popular for Utah is Skiing! I personally have never skied before, because I grew up in southern Utah where there wasn’t much snow, and now that I am older, and just haven’t been able to find the “courage” to do it, plus I have four small kids…BUT my brother in law loves to snowboard (he is really good) and I have LOTS of family and friends that really loving skiing. So if you are visiting, make sure you try to get to one of the ski resorts. There are 9 of them within 50 miles of Salt Lake City: Alta Ski, Brighton, Deer Valley Resort, Park City, Snowbird, Solitude, Sundance, The Canyons, Wolf Mountain Resort.
Whether you are visiting Houston, Texas this year or you are lucky enough to live here there are several can’t miss holiday happenings that will make and keep your holidays merry and bright. Here are a few of my favorites.
Hot Plays & Performances The Theater Under the Stars The Houston Ballet Christmas Boat Lane Parade Moody Gardens Festival of Lights Ice Skating Continue reading on Examiner.com
Houston Happy Holiday and Christmas events – Houston Family | Examiner.com