I have four kids. That in and of itself lets you know that I need a few breaks throughout the day to keep my sanity. With summer in full swing it can be challenging to get them motivated to do anything besides watching TV. Because I personally don’t watch a large amount of TV (I am a book worm), I am pretty strict in how much my kids can watch TV. We love spending time together, especially outdoors, and so I often encourage my kids to be outside.
Having trouble getting them outdoors to play? Here are 5 ways to encourage outdoor play everyday:
- Have toys, game ideas, and activities for them to do. Keeping things on hand that will allow them to enjoy creativity and use their imaginations is important and will keep them engaged for a lot longer.
- Have healthy snacks, like CLIF Kid Zbar and Zfruit, for them to eat so that they don’t run out of energy. Also keep a large bottle of water on hand for them to drink out of to stay hydrated.
- Change up the scenery. Visiting different parks or locations will encourage them to come up with new ideas for play and even allow them to make new “friends”.
- Plan family outings for activities like hikes, scavenger hunts, fishing, etc. When you are spending time together as a family the kids will see how much more fun it can be and get excited about everything there is to do.
- Get a dog or cat that goes outdoors and loves to play with the kids. Our dog loves having the kids outside with him, and I often use it as a great reason for the kids to go out and spend time outdoors.
These are just a few ways to encourage your kids to get outside. You can also check out the CLIF Kid Play Hub for tools and tips for parents and communities to promote play for all ages. I love this resource from CLIF Kid and appreciate their commitment to play. Keep your curious and creative kids fueled with healthy organic snacks make for on the go!
I would love to hear how you encourage outdoor play.
This post was sponsored on behalf of CLIF Kid via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.