I participated in this sponsored campaign on behalf of Firefly®, REACH®, and One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own. I am sharing 5 ways to get your kids to brush their teeth.
I have four kids, and while I wish I could say that they willingly brush their teeth every morning and night, I would be lying. While they have good intentions, it is sometimes pushed to the side as unimportant. I keep emphasizing the importance of brushing and have even told them horror stories but when it comes right down to it, I have to be the reminding voice in the morning and at night. Unfortunately I can’t always be there with them, and so we have come up with some fun ways for them to remember.
I am going to share with you 5 ways to get your kids to brush their teeth.
- Make it a rule that they have to brush morning and night. Enforce this. When they know it is expected, they are more likely to follow through, and have better habits when they are older.
- Make it fun! Have cool toothbrushes like the Firefly® Kylo Ren Lightsaber (which lights up for 60 seconds, teaching kids to brush for one full minute on each row of teeth) or the Firefly® Spiderman Fluoride Rinse (that is sugar-free, alcohol free and boasts an amazing melon flavor that kids will love) that get them excited to be using their toothbrush and build good habits.
- Create a rewards system. Print out our free printable rewards chart below that will allow them to track when they brush and then get a reward when they reach the end. I give my kids $1 every two weeks. It doesn’t seem like a lot to us, but to my little kids, it is a ton. They like it even better when it is in coins!
- Brush your teeth with them! When they see you doing it, they will want to be like you and if you make it fun, it will be something they look forward to. It also gives you a chance to “re-brush” their teeth to make sure they got everywhere.
- Visit the dentist regularly. Every 6 months they should have a check-up and if they are brushing well, they shouldn’t have too many problems. They get to pick a new tooth brush and usually a toy or reward for visiting.
What other ways can you get your kids to brush their teeth?
When you have fun products that are designed to help turn brush time into playtime, your kids will not only develop good habits and have healthier teeth, but will also have a lot of fun. Firefly® products are a leader in children’s oral care solutions and provide so many different fun characters and products. I know that is why my kids love using them. I like getting them because they are ADA-approved and are at an affordable price point, and the Lightsaber toothbrush comes with a protective cap so that it stays clean and free of bacteria from the sink or counter. You can find them at Walmart or Walgreens.
Along with the Firefly® products for my kids I also like picking up REACH® toothbrushes for my husband and I. I like the REACH® UltraClean toothbrush because it gives me a complete clean feeling with it’s floss-like bristles and tongue cleaner. I travel a lot and these are great for on the road too. I can pick them up at Walmart or Target and the price point is good enough that I can keep a few extra on hand for guests or other emergencies (like my toddler cleaning with it). Also check out the REACH® Advanced Design Toothbrush that is great for cleaning the gum line and plaque from your teeth.
I am excited to also tell you about the Firefly Lights, Camera, Smiles sweepstakes on Facebook! One lucky grand prize winner will win a trip for a family of four to the movie capital of the world: Hollywood! I love going to Hollywood and it was so fun to take my family there recently! Enter the Firefly Lights, Camera, Smiles sweepstakes for a chance to visit!