I have four kids – but this year three of them are in school (my 5 year old gets home around lunch time) which leaves me and my 3 year old alone for a few hours. This is a great opportunity to get a workout in, and she loves the time we spend together. Whether you have 4 kids at home or are alone during the day – you can get a workout in, and doing the workout with your kids makes it all the more fun.
Here are 5 tips for working out with toddlers:
- If the weather is nice, workout outside. Go for a walk (or run), stretch, etc outdoors.
- Use your toddler as your weights. Depending on how old they are (and how much they weigh) you may be able to use them as your weights.
- Get them their own water bottle, mini towel and even workout mat if you use one. Let them do what you do and be excited about it. Making if fun is essential.
- Turn everyday normal stuff into a workout. If you are sitting at the park watching them play, use the bench to do “chair dips”. Play with them at the park – lifting them up onto things. If you have a baby that crawls – crawl behind them and chase them around. In general – be more active ALL the time and looks for ways to stay on the go.
- Use them as a tool – have them sit on your legs or your belly while you do crunches, Let them crawl around under you or lay under you as you do push-ups and planks. Run in place with them. There are so many things you can do that incorporate them and make it fun.
You will be amazed at how much you will bond with your baby when you include them in not only your workouts, but your other everyday things as well. Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure that they have the proper gear – especially a good diaper. You don’t want to be lifting them over your head doing arm exercises and have them leak (or worse) on you
I recommend using the new Pampers Cruisers diapers. They are geared towards active babies and toddlers who love to move and play, while providing Pampers best protection and fit. Another thing I love about them, are the new “Extra Absorb ChannelsTM” in the diapers core that distribute wetness evenly and help prevent sagging. Don’t let your baby get stuck with a saggy diaper, Pampers Cruisers take them from Sag to Swag!
This review was made possible by iConnect: Influencer Management and Pampers. I received product free of charge, but all opinions are 100% mine.