I love spending time with my kids in the kitchen cooking and baking, but with school and all of the other things going on, it is hard to get them all together. We usually have the most time on weekends so I love to get them together and some fun things with them like baking cupcakes (one of their favorites) or playing games. This last weekend we made some delicious cupcakes using their favorite Pillsbury Cake Mixes and Frostings and we had so much fun mixing it all together and making Easter Egg Cupcakes (which we will be posting about soon). Because we have a big family (6 of us) we love spending time in the kitchen together creating and baking and bonding over food. It is something I want to teach my kids and I know that they love every minute of it!
The afternoon was so much fun! We laughed and danced and the kids loved measuring things out and putting it all together to make a delicious treat that we could all enjoy. Baking always brings us together and often leads to stories and funny things that happen that make for a good story for another time. We also love baking treats to share with family and friends. It not only brings our family closer together, but also helps us bond with those around us.
Because spending time with my kids is so important, I want to 5 fun things to do with your kids on the weekend so you can spend some quality time with your family.
- #MixUpAMoment with your kids and bake a cake or cupcakes and enjoy them together as a family. There are so many cute ways to decorate them and it is a great bonding time for your family.
- Make a fun picnic and go to the park and play and have a fun afternoon.
- Make a fun craft together (can be something simple like cutting and gluing or get really creative) and display it around your house.
- Play games together. Gather some of your favorite board and card games and sit down for a fun family game night. Be sure to have some yummy treats on hand!
- Have a at-home movie night. Pick out a new or old favorite movie and gather together for a fun night watching a movie. Have snacks and drinks and get comfy and enjoy the time spend together.
I love picking up my baking needs at Walmart. They have great prices and I can use the Ibotta app to get cash back on my purchases. I was so excited when I found the new Pillsbury Spring Funfetti Cake Mix and Frosting. My kids can’t wait to make some fun Easter Cupcakes with them! If you want some great ideas be sure to check out the Pillsbury Pinterest Board. They have so many great ideas, I can’t wait to make some of them with my kids over the weeks to come!
We will soon be posting our tutorial about the Easter Egg Cupcakes so be sure to come back soon and check it out. What is your favorite part of baking with your family?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.