One of my goals this year is to make sure that I stay more active at home. This isn’t always easy, especially as a work at home mom, so I have made a list of ways to stay active at home and they have been helping me so I wanted to share them with you. Staying active is an important part of staying healthy. That is also another one of my goals this year, so by staying more active, I can become more healthy, mind and body. I am also trying harder to drink more water and other drinks that are good for me and ditch all of the soda and sugary drinks. I get BODYARMOR for my kids, and now I am drinking them too because of all of the benefits and they are great when I am active or especially during a workout!
One of the obvious ways to stay active at home is to establish a workout routine. Exercising regularly, eating healthy foods multiple times a day, and staying hydrated all work together for the optimal performance of body and mind. With four kids, I am often on-the-go in the afternoons, but it is easy for me to be stagnant in the mornings when I am home alone – so I needed to give myself some motivation.
Here are 10 ways to stay active at home:
- Establish a workout routine
- Set a timer on your phone for 30 minutes, and get up and be active for 10 minutes.
- Put things that you use regularly where you have to get up to get them
- Make a list of 10 small chores to do each day and do one each hour (wipe counters, wash windows, dust, vacuum, pick up toys, clothes, etc)
- Work in the yard (pull weeds, plant a garden to maintain, mow the grass, etc)
- Go on a bike ride
- Go for a walk with the dog
- Find a neighbor, friend or family member you can exercise with and will hold you accountable
- If you have stairs, do few sets of going up and down the stairs every few hours
- Play games with your kids
Staying active isn’t enough by itself. We have to fuel our body with good food and drink to keep it energized so we can be active. That is why I drink BODYARMOR sports drinks. They have a great tasting variety of flavors which are all natural with no colors from artificial sources, but they also provide superior hydration. They are packed with electrolytes, coconut water, and vitamins and are low in sodium and high in potassium. Print of this BODYARMOR coupon and go get some today!
I hope these ways to stay active at home help you as much as they have helped me and that you try BODYARMOR. It has been an essential part of my routine.