This post was created as part of a relationship in which I was sponsored by Weight Watchers to share my experiences. Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views, positive and negative, are my own. Their new program Beyond the Scale, a holistic approach with more ways than ever for you to personalize your program, define your success and guide you on your road to healthier living. #WWsponsored
Last week I shared 5 ways to build your self-confidence and one of those talked about remembering that you are more than just a number on a scale. I want to expound on that, and talk about why you shouldn’t focus on your size or weight, but you do need to make healthy living a priority in your life so that you can live well. If you do that, then you may be surprised to see that you will lose weight and feel better not just about yourself, but also physically feel healthier and stronger. Weight Watchers has come out with a new program called Beyond the Scale™ and it really helps me to feel great about more than just my weight. That is why today I want to share 10 tips for living well. Being happy and healthy changes you and it can really impact how you live your life. Accomplishing living well goals will build your confidence, and you will feel more proud of yourself and improve on who you are. It can be something small like making a healthier version of your favorite recipe or something big like competing in your first marathon. Whatever it is, you can do it and it will help you live better, healthier and happier.
I grew up playing basketball, I would spend hours a day in the gym practicing and conditioning. Even when I went to college (I chose not to play college ball) I enjoyed scrimmaging and loved it even more because it was a good workout. It helped me live better because I was active. Over the years between having four kids and working a desk job, I am not as shapely as I once was, and I feel it not only in my pant size, but in my general feeling of wellness. I want to live well again so I have been making small adjustments to the way I do things and have already noticed a difference. Weight Watchers SmartPoints™ plan really helps with that as well.
So I want to share these 10 tips for living well:
- Make better food choices. The Weight Watchers SmartPoints™ plan makes healthy eating simple!
- Eat less and eat more often (4-6 times a day)
- Eat more vegetables and fruits and cut out the processed sugar and snacks.
- Develop good sleeping habits. Go to bed earlier and wake up early. Turn off your devices at least 30 min before bed.
- Commit to do some kind of exercise for at least 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week. It could as simple as just walking around the block. The Weight Watchers Fitbreak app makes it easy to turn downtime into up time no matter your current fitness level.
- Keep a journal and a planner to keep track of your thoughts and your day.
- Get a friend who has the same goals as you so you can push each other to be better (mine is my husband and my sister)
- Take some time for yourself – read a book, do your nails, get a facial (heck – do all three)!
- Download and make a playlist of your favorite songs (I have several different ones) and always have some music playing to keep you energized or help you relax.
- Make sure your living space is clean, and make a list or chore chart for your family to help you keep it that way.
These are just a few of the things that I have been doing to help me, and I can already tell a difference. While losing weight is an important goal to me – it is not my only goal. My journey to getting healthier is more than just a number on a scale. While the scale is an important tool, there are many other ways (see the list above) for me to grow and change from the inside out. From healthier food choices to being more active I know that it is changing me. I love the Weight Watchers “Beyond the Scale” program because it gives me that mindset of a more holistic integration of healthier living and general well being.