We love summer. We love being outdoors and playing, having fun, and spending time together. I have four little kids and they are always outside. We have a big backyard where they love to play, but they also love outings to the park or playground, hikes, fishing, camping, etc. There are so many fun outdoor family adventures we like to take for summer fun. While we are on those adventures we like to be prepared with treats, water, sunscreen, games, and more. To keep everyone entertained and happy we always plan ahead. Since we are planning for such a wide age range (from ages 3-10) we have to be creative on what we do and where we go. I want to share with you 10 Outdoor Family Adventures for Summer Fun that are sure to bring your family closer together and have a lot of fun.
10 Outdoor Family Adventures:
- Planning a picnic at a park that you haven’t been to before and playing ball (football, baseball, soccer, basketball, etc).
- Research the area you live in and find day hikes (or overnight if your family is old enough) to go on.
- Go to a water park for the day or plan a water day at home with sprinklers, water guns, water balloons, etc. You could also look up splash pads in your area.
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your city/town. Make a list of 10-20 things that you can find at local stores, restaurants, etc and divide into two teams (Mom / Dad) and see who can find them first. Winners get to pick the treats.
- Plan a service project for a family in your neighborhood. It will bring your family closer and teach your kids an important lesson about serving others.
- Plan and go on a bike ride with your family.
- Plan and go on a camping trip. Make sure to plan for things like a hike, fishing, smores, etc. This is a great bonding experience and a good way to “unplug” and get to know each other.
- Go to a concert or movie in the park.
- Go to a Zoo, Aviary, or Farm for the day and learn about different kinds of animals and birds.
- Go stargazing. Plan a night to drive to a location nearby without a lot (or any) lights around, lay out some blankets and use a map or app on your phone to find constellations and stars.
These are just a few Outdoor Family Adventures you can do for Summer Fun! It is so great to spend time together and even better when it is planned out and you are prepared. Things you will always want to remember are: liquids, food, sanitizer, first aid kit, camera, and sun screen. I want to mention a couple things about sun screen really quick – (because it is important – no one wants a sun burn or worse) – that I am sure we all need reminding of. Make sure you apply 1 ounce (about 2 tablespoons) of sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside and reapply every 2 hours. If you are swimming or excessively sweating you will want to reapply immediately after. For kids, I love to use the spray on kind, but they also have great ones like the tearless lotion versions that have worked great for my kids. Banana Boat® sun care products are tested in seven conditions – sun, pool water, ocean water, wind, sweat, sand and extreme heat – to provide safe and effective broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection for the entire family. Remember that whatever sun scene you choose, Banana Boat has you covered!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Banana Boat® . The opinions and text are all mine.